what a pleasant message to see as i take a break from my paper! are “nice things” synonymous with “things i like about myself”? if not, whoops. that’s basically what this list is gonna be.
1. i’m passionate. i care a lot. in the vast majority of cases, i just don’t half-ass things…excepting the times at which i choose to start my schoolwork. but as far as my goals in life, my relationships, society and the generation to which i belong - i take it all very seriously. i’ve certainly been dealt some harsh lessons in what it means to care too much, and i think that’s hardened me in some ways (necessary ways), but it is my instinct to care, a lot.
2. i’m fun. i’m goofy. i love laughter.
3. i’m nice. i don’t often hear people calling themselves kind and i do wonder why that is; maybe it’s something that has to be bestowed upon you in a sense. but in any event, i try to do my part to make the world a better place, even in seemingly small ways.
4. i defend people when i think they need to be defended. not because they can’t do it themselves, but because it’s just true to who i am and it’s nice to know that someone is in your corner.
5. i’m emotionally strong. i have “weak” moments like everyone else and i think truly feeling, and even embracing, those moments - not running away from them - takes strength, too.